Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Taco Soup

My family loves this soup..it will warm you on a cold day! Got this recipe from a friend although I changed it a bit.

Taco Soup

1 lb lean ground beef
1 finely chopped onion..that's what the recipe says..I omitted that because we happen not to like onions:)
1 cup finely chopped celery
Fry this together until beef is browned and onion and celery are cooked.
Add:
1 398 ml (14 oz)can tomato sauce
1 341 ml (12 0z) can corn, with liquid
1 398 ml can kidney beans, drained
1/3 cup salsa
1 tbsp chili powder..I use Mexican chili powder
3 tbsp taco seasoning
3 cups water
Simmer for 10 to 15 min.
This soup is fairly thick so add a little more water if you wish. Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled..I didn't but should have:)
Add taco chips, shredded cheese and sour cream to your individual soup bowls.

No comments:

Post a Comment