Search This Blog

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bread for the Journey

Are you thankful for your tongue?
Like all most parts of my body. . . it has an valuable function. . well actually two really important functions.
As someone who loves to cook and bake I rely on the taste buds of my tongue to tell me how much seasoning and spices to add to my dishes. I feel quite confident in the function of my taste buds.
The other function of my tongue has me often less satisfied with the small degree of control I seem to have on this part of my body.
In the church we attend we have been doing a study in James.
It didn't surprise me to find that this would be a rather uncomfortable study for me. . .
since it challenges me to be consistent in who I say I am. ..
and sometimes the stark reality of how I behave.
James 1:26 says. .
If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on this tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. (vs26)
This week I was reminded again on how bridling my tongue is still one of the most challenging parts of my character development. Why do I still believe that my opinion is so important? Why do I still have such a hard time listening instead of thinking ahead of how I will reply?
Oh Lord Jesus. . ..
I want to have a life that is honouring to you!
I'm so thankful for forgiveness. . .and for new beginnings.
With joy and thankfulness. . .I praise you oh Lord. . .
All for now. . .with love,
Lovella

No comments:

Post a Comment