Search This Blog

Monday, April 26, 2010

Raisin Pudding

I got my inspiration for this recipe from the Christian Home Cookbook. This pudding would be really good with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream. Sometimes this pudding is called 'Poor Man's Pudding'..

Ingredients:

1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp sugar
dash of salt
dash of cinnamon
dash of ground nutmeg..I like to grate my own
3 tbsp butter
3/4 cup raisins..next time I shall add chunks of apple with the raisins
1/2 cup buttermilk or milk

1. Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
2. Cut in butter till well blended.
3. Mix in raisins.
4. Gradually add milk stirring lightly with fork only until blended.
5. Spoon the batter into a greased 1 1/2 qt baking dish. I used my corning ware dish.
The batter will be quite thick.
6. Mix sauce and pour over the batter.

Sauce:

Whisk together:
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp butter
1 3/4 cups boiling water

Bake in preheated oven at 375ยบ for 30 min.
Let cool in baking dish for 15 min before serving. This allows the sauce to thicken up a bit.
Best served warm.



No comments:

Post a Comment