Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2011

Dill and Cheese Bread/Buns


Friday is often soup day around here and I like serving different breads along with the soup. This dill and cheese bread is a nice change, if you like the flavor of dill. If you do not have a blender, don't worry. I don't think I would use a blender next time, I like to see the cheese and onions in my buns.

In a blender combine the following:
  • 1/2 cup of very warm water
  • 1 cup of creamed cottage cheese
  • 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons dill (I used 1 tbsp. dried)
  • 1 tablespoon oil
Mix together in a bowl:
  • 2 cups of flour
  • 1/3 cup of wheat or oat bran
  • 1 tablespoon quick rise yeast
  1. Stir the dry ingredients until mixed through
  2. Pour the blender ingredients over the dry ingredients
  3. Knead for a few minutes adding a bit of flour at a time so the dough is not to sticky, about 1/4 cup in total is what I needed.
  4. Put the dough in a greased bowl and let rise til double.
  5. Make into buns or place it all into a greased casserole dish for a loaf of bread.
  6. Again let rise until double, about an hour.
  7. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes for the loaf and 18-20 minutes for the buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment