Search This Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bread for the Journey

My son, pay attention to what I say;
listen closely to my words.
Do not let them out of your sight,
keep them within your heart;
for they are life to those who find them
and health to a man's whole body.
Above all else, guard your heart,
for it is the wellspring of life.
Proverbs 4: 20-23
Choose my instruction instead of silver,
knowledge rather than choice gold,
for wisdom is more precious than rubies,
and nothing you desire can compare with her.
Proverbs 8: 10-11
I ask myself, how do I guard my heart? How do I protect what I hold dear and not let it get stained by the world and the things in it? One of Jesus' disciples said to Him, "Lord to whom can we go, for You alone have the words of eternal life." (John 6:68) It is a good day to put aside the pursuits of this life and take time to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment