Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Baby Shower Cupcakes

This is more of an idea than a recipe. I have done this kind of baby carriage in the past, using a 10 inch springform pan, but using cupcakes is a new idea (for me) that I got from my daughter-in-law, Kari. The cupcakes she told me about had a little baby face tucked into each carriage and star tip wheels. I thought I'd try using little Teddy Grahams and cutting wheels from leftover pastry.

I think I wouldn't use chocolate bears next time, because the color is quite bold. Using the lighter colored bears and not fancying up the wheels, might be better.

For this particular baby shower I tucked two bears into some of them, since we were celebrating the birth of twins. For the cupcakes, I used the carrot cake recipe and cream cheese frosting with extra confectioners sugar. I think Judys' pineapple cupcakes would also go over well, or any other cupcake of your choice. (click on highlit names to view these recipes)

No comments:

Post a Comment