Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Crunchy Pumpkin Squares

Autumn is upon us and that means it's pumpkin season..usually when I think of pumpkins it is.. pies, loaves, muffins or the display at my front door but as I was browsing through Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking magazine (Oct/Nov'09) this recipe caught my eye and after reading it I just knew I had to make this. It did not disappoint..
I had two 'taste testers' with me in the kitchen and they both loved it:)
I heard such satisfied mmm's as they had one forkful after another!

You will need these ingredients:

1 can (30 0z) pumpkin pie filling (make sure it's pie filling and not pure pumpkin)
1 can (12 0z) fat-free evaporated milk
3 large eggs
1 pkg (18-1/4oz) yellow or golden cake mix
2/3 cup chopped pecans
1 cup fat reduced butter...this is where I said whoa..1 cup? I used 1/2 cup of regular butter and it was enough.
fat-free whipped topping for garnish (go ahead and use real whipped cream if you must:)

1. In mixing bowl combine pumpkin pie filling, evaporated milk and eggs and beat on medium speed till smooth.
2. Pour into a 13 by 9" ungreased baking pan.
3. Sprinkle with cake mix and pecans.
4. Drizzle with butter.
5. Bake at 350ยบ for 60 to 65 min or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. My oven needed the full 65 min.
6. Cool completely on cooling rack. Well..my taste testers couldn't wait and ate it warm.
7. Garnish with whipped topping.
8. Refrigerate the leftovers...if you have any:)

No comments:

Post a Comment