Search This Blog

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Bread for the Journey

While traveling recently, we saw hillsides and valleys covered in terraced vineyards. Great care was taken in looking after these vineyards so that they would produce the best fruit.

It reminded me of Christ who used the image of a vine, branches and fruit to illustrate how our lives are rooted in God and how Christ, the gardener tends our lives to produce fruit which will glorify Him.

John 15:1 & 2, 5, 7 & 8 says:

I am the true vine and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit He trims clean so that it will be even more fruitful.

I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

No comments:

Post a Comment