Search This Blog

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Bread for the Journey


The LORD God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer's feet, And He will make me walk on my high hills. Hab 3:19

I took the above photo of a three-points antlered buck in my back yard a few days ago.
He was born and raised by his handicapped Mom
in our complex which sits on a mountain side.
Because he was raised around people he is very tame. If someone is standing in front of his favorite snack -- our roses -- he just waits and then helps himself as soon as we step aside.
We are not always amused !! smile
But I say .. ."Anyone can grow roses, not everyone has deer who want to eat them."
Deer are so graceful and so endowed with strength.
I'm always amazed at the effortless way they leap over a fence.

Habakuk declares that his trust is in God who has made him like the deer.
That promise is for all of us.

God's strength in me enables me to walk surefooted through my day and to leap over circumstances that could hinder or harm me. In what times I am afraid or aware of my weakness, I know that God's Spirit in me has made me strong. He has given me a place above the dark valleys of life and I walk with Him in high places.

"Father, I thank you for your watchful care over your children. I pray that every one reading these words will know Your strength in whatever weakness they are struggling with. May they rest, knowing that in You they walk in high places where they are safe from all alarm.
Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment