Search This Blog

Friday, April 17, 2009

Greek Lemon Roasted Potatoes

"Strange to see how a good dinner and feasting reconciles everybody"

SAMUEL PEPYS

Our family loves the flavours of lemon and the Mediterranean or Greek food.
I have tried a few variations of recipes for lemon potatoes that I have come across, but this is what I have finally tweaked together from a variety of ideas. Make sure you make lots when you have company, it disappears fast. If you try it I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.


6 large potatoes cut into wedges (peeled is optional)
1/4 c. olive oil
1/4 c. lemon juice (more or less depending on taste, freshly squeezed is always best)
1 tbsp chicken bouillon dissolved in
1/4 c. water
2 tsp dried oregano
2 garlic cloves pressed (or garlic powder to taste)

Peel and cut potatoes. (When I makes a big batch I omit the peeling).
Place in a 9x13 pan combine remaining ingredients together and pour over potatoes stirring well to coat ever piece.
Bake at 425 for 1 hour. You may cover them for the first half hour. Stir every 20 minutes or so.
I personally don't cover them because I like the crisp edge, but that is an individual choice.
Also my oven is a little hot and I find that they are done in about 40-45 minutes depending on how big the potatoes are.
Go ahead, squeeze just a little more fresh lemon juice on if the flavor isn't intense enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment