Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Salmon Cakes

This recipe comes to me from my friends...."B" and "C" who welcome me into their home every week.
"B" shares her home cooking with me and I have had many a great recipe from her. She knows that these are one of my favorites and makes it for me when we celebrate something special.
B serves them with a curry mango dip, but they are great on their own as well.
They are never exactly the same as the last time because she varies it with what she has on hand. However this is the base recipe and I hope that you enjoy these as much as we do.

Start with
2- 7 oz cans of Salmon or Tuna drained, remove bones
1/2 c. bread crumbs (she uses about a cup or so of mashed potatoes since they follow a gluten free diet) I have even used left over stuffing if I have it
2-3 chopped green onions
1 t. dill weed or 1 T. fresh dill
1 or 2 T. lemon juice
1 egg
2 T. mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste.
1 c. grated cheese (optional)
You can add so many things to change up the flavors, like finely chopped red pepper, chopped parsley, thyme, etc........with your imagination it can keep the flavours interesting.
Mix together well and form into little patties. Brown in a Teflon frying pan with about one tablespoon olive oil. About 3-4 minutes per side. If you make them burger size they make a good patty on a bun. A very nice change from a regular hamburger.
My family really likes these and they are a nice change, I hope you like them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment