Search This Blog

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cookie Sheet Cherry Platz

My friend shared this recipe with me..once I tasted it I knew it was a keeper. It is a large recipe. Great to bring to gatherings or potlucks.

1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups white sugar
4 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 can cherry pie filling (I used 1 1/2 cans..I like more filling but 1 can works fine too)

Cream together butter and sugar, add eggs and beat well. Add flavouring.
Stir in flour and baking powder and mix well.
Spread half of the batter into a greased 12 by 17" pan. (approx) Put pie filling over the base and then with a spoon drop the other half of the batter over the filling. This dough is fairly thick so it doesn't really spread well over the top, if you drop it by spoonfuls you get a pretty effect with the cherry pie filling peeking through.
Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 min. Top should be slightly golden in color.

While warm drizzle with icing.
1 cup icing(powdered) sugar
1 tsp lemon juice and enough hot water for drizzle consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment