Search This Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

This recipe came to me all the way from Kansas. From the first bite I knew I would be asking for the recipe. Thanks to my sister in law Lynda's friend Cindy for sharing it with me.

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 cups white flour
  • 1 15oz can pure pumpkin
  • 2 cups oatmeal
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 cups chocolate chips
Method:
  1. Beat together butter, sugars, egg and vanilla.
  2. Alternately add flours and pumpkin and beat well.
  3. Add oatmeal, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and beat until just blended.
  4. Lastly mix in chocolate chips.
  5. Drop onto cookie sheets and bake at 350ยบ for 15-18 minutes.
  6. Remove immediately to cooling rack.
Cookies freeze well.

No comments:

Post a Comment