Search This Blog

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Company's Coming!



Well, today I want to give you a small tip...As a small child I always remembered spending time cleaning on Saturday's, because company was coming on Sunday. We had to clean the house, dust the furniture, clean our bedrooms, wash the floors, and like the rest of you...we had to polish the shoes. Sunday was coming and everything had it's place. Usually my mom would make some fresh platz, a pot of soup, zweiback,...but most of all she always had the table set with a table cloth and her best china. Most of us have probably fallen way back off these Saturday chores and traditions.
But one thing I have learned over my past years was how to clean a coffee thermos. I used to scrub those things with brushes, baking soda, soaked it...you name it...that ugly coffee stain became darker and darker. Would you believe I learned this tip while working at the university? It was part of my duty to help keep the staff room in order. A colleague shared her secret with me and I am more than willing to pass it on.
"Pour the container full with boiling water and add some dishwasher soap to the pot, screw the lid on tight, go home, and sleep."
Not too often my work was accomplished while sleeping. This truly is a miracle worker.

A stained coffee pot and Company's Coming? That just won't do.

Just add some liquid dishwasher detergent (2 Tbsp), or if it's really stained, I add a whole tablet of dishwasher detergent, into a coffee pot filled with boiling water. Let it sit over night and the next morning you will be smiling. Rinse it out with hot water and you won't mind Company's Coming anymore...
Let me know if you are smiling tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment