Search This Blog

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Apple Rolls

These small rolls taste wonderful and if you taste one still hot from the oven dripping with glaze....well I dare say you won't eat only one!! I first tried this recipe many years ago and it was a always a hit whenever I served them. Tonight I am serving them as a dessert for our supper guests!

Apple Rolls

2 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup shortening
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup buttermilk
apples, approx 2 1/2..I used McIntosh but I am sure any kind would do.

Cut shortening into dry ingredients. Add cream and mix with fork till you can handle the dough and forms into a ball. Cover dough and refrigerate for 1 or 2 hours.
Roll out, not too thin and cut in squares.
Peel and core the apples and cut into quarters, I make these rolls small so I cut the apples into eighths. (approx) Place an eighth of an apple on a square of dough and roll them up placing them on the pan. To make them look a little 'fancier' I place the apple piece diagonally on the square of dough and bring up 2 corners and pinch them on top.
Bake at 400 degrees for 17 min or until golden in color.

Glaze
1 cup icing(powdered) sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
4 tsp warm water
Mix and brush on the apple rolls while they are still hot.

Yield: 30 'delectable' apple rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment