Search This Blog

Monday, February 23, 2009

Sausage and Pancake Strata

I found this recipe for a breakfast casserole in an old 'Woman's World' magazine. The recipe claims that it tastes like the McDonald's McGriddle sandwich.

I had planned to post a special cake for someone very special today but then decided I'd rather 'invite' her to brunch and make this strata. So Lovella this one's for you. You are celebrating your 50th today and I want to wish you a very happy birthday! You have been an inspiration to me, you set a good example to many. I love your enthusiasm for life and how you express love for God, your beloved, your children, your grandbabies and your friends! We have never met in person but I count you a true friend. Seems like a long time ago that I googled 'Paska' and found much more..I found the recipe and a friend! Wishing you God's blessings today and keep celebrating!
Back to the recipe..

Sausage and Pancake Strata
12 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1 pkg(14.5 oz) frozen mini pancakes(I made my own although from a mix) approx 18
1 pkg(7oz) maple flavoured brown and serve sausage patties,8 or 9 patties
Maple Syrup

Preheat oven to 350. Coat a 11"by 7" baking dish with cooking spray.
Beat eggs with milk and stir in cheese and salt and set aside.
Cook the sausages and the pancakes.
Arrange half of pancakes in bottom of dish. Top with sausage patties. pour egg mixture over the patties and top with the rest of the pancakes, gently pressing them into the egg mixture to partially coat.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 min. Uncover and drizzle maple syrup over the egg mixture which has started to set at this point. Continue baking uncovered for another 30 min until set.
Let stand 5 min before serving and drizzle with more maple syrup if you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment