Search This Blog

Friday, May 21, 2010

Burrito Bowl

A few weeks ago I stopped for lunch at Chipotle and tried one of their burrito bowls. I decided to duplicate it at home with my own ingredients. This is really simple and tasty. It's great to layer with any leftover meat you might have like shredded beef, chicken, or pork.
Here's what you will need. Rice, Beans, (I chose to mix black beans, chili beans, and kernel corn with peppers) and the meat of your choice. A great meat choice for this dish is Carnitas (Mexican Fried Pork) I buy this at Costco because my Mexican Sister-in-law said her mother who cooks authentic Mexican food all the time said it was very good.
For the layering process you will also want cheese and fresh ingredients like tomatoes, lettuce, avocado, cilantro, green onions, and any salsa you choose.
Now start layering...start with the hot ingredients. First rice, then meat, cheese, and then add your extras. You can serve warm corn and flour tortillas with the Burrito Bowl.

If you are having a potluck you can have everyone bring one ingredient and then let everyone build their own bowl. Don't forget to have someone bring dessert!!

Everyone at my house really enjoyed it. I think you will too. Simple, Easy, fresh meal in a bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment