Search This Blog

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Bread for the Journey, Happy New Year


As we begin 2010 we'd like to thank all of you who follow our blog.
You encourage us daily with your gracious comments and we appreciate each one of you. Speaking for myself, I have been so blessed by the fellowship and support of each of my fellow contributors and want to express my personal appreciation to Lovella for her dedication to making this blog the best it can be.
Thank you Lovella.


For today's "Bread for the Journey" post, I'd like to share a poem
which I read in a magazine a long time ago.
I've made it my prayer every New Year since and hope it inspires you as well.


Unmapped Miles Ahead

I wrap up
the last day of December.
Ahead hang months
Of unmapped miles.
Inside me
eagerness
tangles with trepidation.
Questions
rim my heart:
What Trial?
What Triumph?
What will meet me tomorrow?

Creator of our chronology-
You who set up seasons
split light from night
walked timelines in both directions-
You know what’s waiting.

Hold my hours in Your hands
tug me toward right
tap my shoulder and whisper instructions
fill my heart with Your directions.
I want to walk these days
with You.
Joan Rae Mills


Happy New Year from all of us at Mennonite Girls Can Cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment