Search This Blog

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Plumi Moos

I have always made this plumi moos without a recipe (in German my Mom would say 'no nase and mool'..English translation would be something like 'to smell and taste'). But this time I made sure I measured everything so that I could post it here. There is one ingredient in this moos that I haven't seen added before..tapioca! I tasted it like this the first time at my MIL's place and have added tapioca ever since! Some may eat this as a dessert but I like eating it with the main course. Very good with fried potatoes, farmer sausage and a slice of freshly baked bread:)

Ingredients:
4 cups water
2 cups chopped dry fruit (apples,apricots,prunes,pears..usually comes in a bag of mixed dry fruit)
1/2 cup raisins
Bring to boil, turn heat to med low and cook until the fruit is well done, approx 15 to 20 min.

Meanwhile I cook the tapioca in the microwave..
2/3 cup tapioca (not instant)..we love tapioca and next time I would do 1 cup
Pour tapioca in a bowl and add enough water to cover. Cook in microwave for 20 to 25 min or until tapioca looks transparent, stirring every few min.

Add cooked tapioca to the fruit mixture, stir well.
Then add
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 milk
Bring to boil stirring constantly. Turn off element, cover the moos and let stand till cool. Scoop into jars and store in fridge.
Yields approx 2 qts.
If this sounds like a lot to you the recipe can easily be halved.

No comments:

Post a Comment