Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Bread for the Journey

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race,
I have kept the faith.
2 Timothy 4:7

Paul's words sound like that of an Olympic athlete. He ran well...completed the race...and was looking forward to his eternal reward...a prize worth so much more than gold.

The Olympic games opened here in Vancouver last week...and so we have the world's best athletes on our doorstep. How exciting it is to cheer for those who have worked so hard to claim their prize...and even more so if they represent our country.

Before we know it...the games will be over and the gold medals will be a distant memory. But life is worth so much more than gold. The big question is how we are running the race of life...and whether we know Him who is the everlasting Prize.

May we all be able to say, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith" in the race that matters most!


No comments:

Post a Comment