Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2010

Tapioca Pudding

I remember my Mom making tapioca pudding for dessert. I searched for a recipe online. I found one on http://www.simplyrecipes.com/ and with a bit of changing it looked like it could match my Mom's recipe.

Ingredients are:

1/2 cup small pearl tapioca, not the instant tapioca
3 cups whole milk..I used skim
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Method is:

1. Combine tapioca, milk and salt in a med size saucepan over med heat. Stir until boiling. Simmer 5 min, uncovered at the lowest heat, add sugar gradually and keep stirring frequently.
2. Beat eggs in a bowl. Slowly mix in a little of the hot tapioca to equalize the temp of the two mixtures to avoid curdling.
3. Add egg/tapioca mixture to the tapioca in the pan. Slowly bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and cook and stir frequently at low simmer till it's a thick pudding consistency and the tapioca is tender.
4. Once it's done, cool for 10 min, then stir in vanilla.
5. This is very good served warm with a bit of ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment