Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2011

Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix

I find that I make more and more of my seasoning mixes from scratch, along with my salad dressings as well. There are so many allergies and intolerance to food and ingredients I would prefer to say that I know what goes into something. Plus have you ever checked and seen how much sodium is in a store bought Taco Mix? Yikes! This taste just like a store bought mix, with every day ingredients you likely have on hand but with out the sodium and ingredients you can't pronounce.


Low Sodium Taco Seasoning Mix

1/4 cup dry onion flakes
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup of chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoons beef bouillon (I should mention I use a low sodium version, Ep*cure is my choice or omit all together if you are very strict with your sodium)

Combine all the ingredients in a jar and keep covered and store in a dry cool place.



  1. 2 Tablespoon of the mix are equal to 1 package of taco seasoning and enough for 1 pound of fried ground beef.
  2. Add 3/4 cup water for every 2 tablespoons.
  3. Simmer for 10 minutes.
  4. Use the meat in tacos, or taco salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment