Search This Blog

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bread for the Journey

It is our choice who we wish to serve. In Joshua's farewell message to the children of Israel, Joshua said, "Now therefore fear the Lord, and serve him in sincerity and truth!...and choose you this day whom ye will serve;...but as for ME and MY house, we will serve the Lord" (Josh.24:14-15) God is looking for people who will choose to serve HIM. We cannot go two directions at the same time. A choice has to be made. As we choose to serve Him, we become His representative, seeing the world through His eyes, ministering to it with His compassion.

I never forgot the time I saw my mother working as a volunteer in the Hospice ward. She was feeding patients with HIV/AIDS. Someone said to her, "Are you not worried about being infected by the disease? I wouldn't feed them if I was paid for it."
She smiled graciously and said, "I have chosen to serve Jesus Christ wherever He would send me, doing whatever He gave me to do."

This story speaks volumes to me. Who are you choosing to serve? This challenge is not for tomorrow, next week, or next year; it is a PRESENT challenge----choose you THIS DAY.
Joshua took a definite stand for the Lord. He displayed spiritual leadership. The way we live shows others the strength of our commitment to serving God.
This challenge is a personal one. What would your reply look like? The choice is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment