Search This Blog

Friday, May 15, 2009

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

I've been making this peanut butter cookie recipe that my mom in law gave me for years. . .but recently I have made it with some healthier choices in the ingredients. . and now. . sharing a cookie and having a cup of coffee in the afternoon .. .seems to make sense.

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
  • 1 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 farm fresh eggs
  • 1 cup natural peanut butter. .( it's a great way to use up what is left at the bottom of the jar)
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 1/2 cups porridge oats. . or I use Hot Cereal Mix which has a blend of rolled oats, rye flakes, barley flakes, sunflower seeds and flax seed.
  • 1 1/2 cups trail mix
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  1. Cream the butter and sugars together.
  2. Add the eggs and vanilla.
  3. Add the peanut butter.
  4. Add the dry ingredients.
  5. Add the trail mix.
  6. Bake in a 350 F oven for 12 minutes or until golden brown . .I prefer these crunchy.
  7. Let cool .. and then store in freezer bags in the freezer. .

No comments:

Post a Comment