Search This Blog

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Raisin Buns



I have searched my recipe books looking for my Mom's raisin bun recipe but couldn't find it. Finally I found one in Canadian Home Cooking that comes quite close to Mom's! I would add more raisins next time.

1 cup warm water, 2 tbsp yeast, 2 tsp sugar

Mix and let sit for 10 min.

1 cup white sugar

1 cup milk, scalded

1 cup mashed potatoes(cook and mash)

5 eggs, beaten

1 tsp salt

3/4 cup oil

7-8 cups of flour

2 cups raisins(I will do 3 next time)

Scald milk and stir sugar into milk and cool to lukewarm. Add beaten eggs, mashed potatoes, salt, oil and flour. Mix and knead until you have a smooth soft dough..approx 5 min. Let rise for 25 min, punch down and knead in the raisins. Let rise again till double in size. Grease pans, form buns, place on pans and let rise again for 30 min. Bake in 350 oven for 11 minutes. Yields...3 1/2 doz

No comments:

Post a Comment