Search This Blog

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Greek Salad


I got this recipe from my good friend, Herta K. and it’s the salad that I make most often, even if I just have lettuce, cucumber and some colored pepper. The flavor in this salad is enhanced by the fresh basil, but if you do not have it on hand, just use about 1 ½ tsp of dried basil mixed in with the dressing. For the mustard in the dressing, I like to use a Country Dijon mustard or one that has whole mustard seeds in it.

Ingredients:

1 bunch romaine or loose leaf lettuce, chopped
1/2 c crumbled feta cheese
1/4 c chopped green onions
12 pitted ripe olives
3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
1/3 English cucumber, sliced
1 green or red pepper, chopped
1/4 c fresh chopped basil

Dressing:

¼ cup olive oil
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
½ tsp sugar
2 tsp Dijon mustard
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Shake dressing ingredients in tightly covered container. Toss salad ingredients.
Pour dressing over top and toss to coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment