Search This Blog

Friday, June 12, 2009

Chili Biscuits

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.
It turns what we have into enough and more"
Melody Beattie
I got this recipe from my friend Bruni, who delights me with a special lunch every week.
If you click on the picture, you can see the cheese melted right in among the chunks of salsa and makes a nice addition to any meal, winter with soup or stew and summer with a fresh wholesome salad. Hey how about with a walking taco salad?
It has been altered to make it slightly healthier for the body and still taste like you want one more. Healthier eating only works if you can stop at one.......I dare ya....



-1 1/2 cups of flour using whole wheat for half.
-1 tbsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp. baking soda
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1/2 tsp of chili powder (or to taste)
-3/4 cup of grated light Cheddar
-1/4 cup olive oil
-1/2 cup buttermilk
or plain milk with 1 tsp. vinegar
-1/3 cup of salsa
Gently mix all ingredients together in the order given.
Drop biscuits on to a lightly greased baking sheet.
Bake @ 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
NOTE-I find that sometimes I may need to add a little more milk to make them the consistancy I want to have a soft moist drop. It seems as though the humidty has something to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment