Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

UBC Ponderosa Cake (Banana/Chocolate)

I realize there are several great banana cakes posted, but I figure what’s a Mennonite Cookbook without 8 versions of the same recipe? In the past I have made my own versions by comparing several recipes side by side, which is always a nice challenge.
I am not sure where this title came from, but that’s the name it came with when I got it from my friend, Laura M.

Ingredients:

3/4 cup butter, room temp
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 - 4 mashed bananas
3 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup sour cream

Filling:

1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup brown sugar
1 -1 ½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips

Method:

Cream margarine, sugar, eggs, vanilla and bananas.
Combine dry ingredients and add to wet mixture alternating with sour cream.
Spread one third of batter into prepared Bundt or tube pan.
Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon/sugar/choc chips. Cover with another third of the batter and rest of sugar/choc chip mixture, then the final batter.
Bake at 350F for about 55 -60 min. Test for doneness.
Cool for 15 min before inverting onto plate. Allow to cool before slicing.


No comments:

Post a Comment