Search This Blog

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Italian Wedge Bread

God is not in the "what if"

but the "what is"
me



This recipe I got from a Lutheran Church Cookbook and there is no doubt in my mind the Lutheran Girls can cook too. I have gotten so many good recipes from this book, but today I want to share this tasty flat bread that is a good addition to an Italian meal instead of Garlic Bread. Our family likes it as an appetizer as they await the "real pizza" coming out of the oven.........


Dough:
-2 1/2 cups flour ( I used half whole wheat)
-1 tbsp. instant yeast
-1 cup warm water
-2 tbsp. vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
-1 tsp. sugar
-1 tsp. salt
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl with a spoon. Knead in 1/2 cup flour if needed. Form in to a ball. Cover and let rise for 20-30 minutes. Spread dough on to a greased pizza pan.


Topping:
- 1/4 tsp. salt (I omit)
-dash of pepper
-1/4 tsp. oregano
-1/4 tsp. garlic powder
-1/4 tsp. thyme
Mix spices in a bowl. Brush with 1/3 c. Italian dressing (I have used Ranch and Caesar Dressings just for variety). Sprinkle with the spices over the dressing, then with Parmesan Cheese and grated Mozzarella (light cheese). Bake at 450 for about 15-20 minutes.
A tasty appetizer or snack for any occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment