Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Coleslaw Dressing


Coleslaw is sometimes a nice change from a salad or a great addition to, when serving a larger group. I like serving it with BBQ’d chicken or hamburgers and the recipe I always go for is one I have from my Mom. I make it ahead if I know I will need it, but it’s simple enough to make last minute too.

Ingredients:

1/2 c sugar
1 rounded Tbsp flour
1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp salt
1 egg
1/3 c vinegar
1/2 c water

Method:

In a small pot, mix dry ingredients. Add egg and stir well. Stir in vinegar and water. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Cool.
Mix with 1 cup light sour cream. Refrigerate until needed.

This recipe is enough for 2 - 3 lbs (2 - 3 bags) of shredded cabbage/ carrot mix. You can add chopped apples and/or raisins, and sprinkle with sunflower seeds. Serves about 20 when served with other salads.
I often cook half the recipe for 1 bag of cabbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment