Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Best Ever Banana Muffins

Button up your lip securely

'gainst the words that bring a tear.

Be swift with Words of COMFORT,

Words of PRAISE, and Words of CHEER.

(anonymous)



This recipe comes from my friend Marlene , I have gotten some really good recipes from her and this has got to be one of our favortites. Thanks Marlene. As usual I have tweaked it to accommodate our families life style. I will post the original and share how I have changed it up a bit.
The muffin is moist and great take along snack for packed lunches. I also like mine served with a slice of cheddar cheese........ try it, you'll see it is good.

  • 1 1/2 cups flour (try 1/2 cup of whole wheat, and 1/2 cup of bran replacing 1 cup of all purpose flour, or replacing 1/2 cup of flour with 1/2 of oats)to increase fiber.
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt ( never double if you double the recipe)
  • 3/4 cup sugar ( I have reduced it to 1/2 cup or even 1/3 cup)
  • 1/2 cup melted butter or vegetable oil ( I cut it by half)
  • 1 egg
  • 3 mashed bananas
  • Chocolate chips or raisins as desired.

  1. Sift together, flour, baking powder baking soda and salt.
  2. Combine sugar, oil, egg and mashed bananas.
  3. Stir in the dry ingredients, batter should be lumpy.
  4. Fold in the chocolate chips, or raisins.
  5. Put into greased muffin tins
  6. Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes or til golden brown.
  7. Cool 5 minutes and remove from the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment