Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Oh So Good Cookies

I browsed through one of my Mom's recipe books and found this recipe that my sister Norma had copied into her book. These cookies are delicious and chock full of goodness almost like a granola cookie. I changed it up a bit..but will still call it my sister's recipe:)

Round up the ingredients:

1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup coconut
1/4 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)
1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup raisins (I used dried cranberries)

Here's how you combine them:

Cream margarine with both sugars, add egg and vanilla and mix well.
Combine flour, oatmeal, baking soda, salt and mix well with creamed mixture. Add vanilla.
Stir in the rest of the ingredients.

Drop by tsp on parchment lined or greased baking sheets.
Bake at 375ยบ for 10 min.
Yields: 2 1/2 doz

No comments:

Post a Comment