Search This Blog

Friday, September 4, 2009

Blueberry Muffins

These are such good muffins, that I can hardly wait for fresh blueberry to be in season and make sure that I freeze lots.
I got the recipe from my friend Helga and they have been one of our family favorites that I would love to share with you. Just so you know that what is in the ( ) are how I changed them up to suit our families life style, the changes don't hinder the wonderful deliciously sweet muffins at all.
  • 4 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 cup vegetable oil, or melted butter (1/2 c. oil)
  • 2 cups sour cream (plain yogurt)
  • 2 cups sugar ( 1 cup)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 4 cups flour
  • ( I used 2 cups unbleached flour and mixed 1 cup whole wheat and 1 cup oat bran minus two tablespoons which I replaced with ground flax seed)
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 3 cups blueberries (you can never have too many ;^D)
  1. Combine eggs, oil, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
  2. Sift dry ingredients together in separate bowl.
  3. Add to wet mixture, stirring until moistened, yet still a little lumpy.
  4. Add blueberries and stir lightly to distribute them evenly in the batter.
  5. Pour into greased muffin tins.
  6. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment