Search This Blog

Monday, September 28, 2009

Yummy Raisin Bread - Gluten-free


I missed eating raisin bread, so I worked at coming up with this recipe.
I am happy with the crumb and the flavor, and it passes the ultimate test --
my gluten-loving husband likes it !
An hour or more before you want to make this bread, soak 3/4 cup of raisins (or more if you are like me and like to snack on them! ) in 2 tbsp. of vanilla.
** I make my own Vanilla by buying a bottle of light Rum, adding several scored vanilla beans and let it sit for 6 months or more until it is dark.

INGREDIENTS and METHOD

Proof yeast -
1/2 cup warm water
1 tsp. sugar
1 tbsp instant yeast.

Cream Together
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
then beat in ...........................

1 egg
1/3 cup whole milk
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix together dry ingred. (I use Ziploc bag)
3/4 cup gluten-free bread/bun mix (I use Kinickinnik)
1/2 cup white corn flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 rounded tsp. xanthan gum

Add dry ingredients all at once to the liquids and beat on high speed for 2-3 minutes until batter changes and becomes very smooth.

Mix in 3/4 cup of soaked raisins

Turn into greased med. sized loaf pan and let rise until loaf rounds top of pan. (After putting dough in pan I lay a piece of plastic wrap over the top and use my hand to even out the dough)

Bake at 350ยบ for 45 minutes .... or until nicely browned. Don't under bake. Cool for several minutes before removing from pan onto rack.
Very good warm or toasted - slices very easily !

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment