Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hamburger Helper

The other day I was chatting with my daughter and she suggested I post homemade hamburger helper, a dish that her boys really like! I asked her how she made it and she said 'oh you brown hamburger, add some spices, Kraft dinner'...what?? I chuckled as I realized that is the answer I usually give her!! This is a quick meal from stove to table. Here is my version since I never did get the recipe from her:)

Ingredients:
1 lb of lean ground beef
1 box macaroni and cheese
1 tsp chili seasoning
1 tsp taco seasoning
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp parsley flakes
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup tomato juice

Brown ground beef in a skillet. Add spices, salt, pepper and the tomato juice.
Boil macaroni until tender. Add macaroni and packet of cheese to the ground beef mixture and stir well.
Simmer for 15 min. adding more tomato juice if the mixture seems too dry.

Tell me Brenda..how did I do??

No comments:

Post a Comment