Search This Blog

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Pluckets



This recipe is known by a few names... monkey bread or pull aparts but my favorite name for them is pluckets! This would be a perfect addition to a brunch..wouldn't it be fun to let your guests 'pluck at it'?
I'm sure this recipe can be found in many cook books. This one I found in the Christian Home Cook Book (I made slight changes). You could use any sweet yeast dough or even plain old bun dough although I really prefer the light texture of this dough.

Ingredients:
1 tbsp yeast
1/4 cup lukewarm water
1 cup scalded milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
3 eggs, well beaten
1/2 tsp salt
4 1/2 cups flour, approx

Method:
Scald milk, add butter, sugar, salt and I added the 1/4 cup lukewarm water here as well (I use instant yeast so I don't need the water to 'poof' the yeast) to the milk and let cool to lukewarm. Add well beaten eggs and mix well.
Now add the yeast and just enough flour to make a very stiff batter. It will be sticky.
Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, punch down and let rise again.

Meanwhile prepare the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
3/4 cup sugar, white or brown
3 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped nuts..I used pecans
Mix this together and set aside.
Melt 1/4 cup butter and set aside.

Once dough has risen the second time punch down and pluck walnut sized pieces of dough and roll into balls, making sure your hands are greased with butter. Dip the balls of dough in melted butter and then roll in the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
At the end I had a bit of the dipping mixture and melted butter leftover so I just put that over the top of the pluckets.
Pile loosely in an ungreased angel food pan and let rise again for 30 min.
Bake at 350ยบ for 35 min, then immediately flip pan upside down on a plate. Wait a few moments and the pan will be easy to remove.
Serve warm.



No comments:

Post a Comment