Search This Blog

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bread for the Journey

2 Corinthians 5:17

"Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come."

I was reminded of this verse the other day as I was discarding some old clothes and it caused me to wander down memory lane..
Rag rugs have always fascinated me. As a little girl I sat and watched my mother cut strips of fabric from old shirts, pants and dresses that were too worn to wear anymore. Then with nimble fingers using a hook that had been carved out of wood by my Dad she would create this beautiful rug..a work of art.

These memories took me to what Jesus does for us. He takes the old ragged and worn pieces of our lives and weaves them into beautiful new 'works of art.'
That is the most amazing 'weaving' that I can think of and am thankful for!

Blessings..

No comments:

Post a Comment