Search This Blog

Friday, August 13, 2010

Peach Cobbler

I love it when recipes remind me of a special friend. This cobbler recipe comes from my friend Gloria . . . who is from Zimbabwe and would call this pudding. I have enjoyed making this myself for many years now. It is easy, quick and oh-so-delicious! This is the reason you want to have canned peaches and ice cream on hand.

Peach Cobbler
  • ¼ cup butter
  • 1 cup flour
  • ¾ cup sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • ¾ cup milk

Method:

  1. Preheat oven to 350F
  2. Place 1/4 cup butter in 9x9 baking dish and pop into the oven to melt.
  3. In a medium sized bowl or 4 cup measuring cup, mix dry ingredients, then stir in the milk.
  4. Pour batter over the melted butter in dish, but don’t mix.
  5. Place 1 can or half a pint jar of canned, sliced peaches, drained, on top.
  6. Bake 30 - 40 min at 350F. Enjoy warm with ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment