Search This Blog

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Candied Yams



Today is Thanksgiving in the U.S.A. There would be a revolt at my house if I forgot to make this dish for Thanksgiving. I have a very simplistic way of making it and never really use a recipe but here's one that will work if you've never made these.

6-8 yams or sweet potatoes
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
Enough marshmallows to cover

Boil your yams or sweet potatoes till they are soft. Remove peel. Slice into 1/4 inch round slices and place in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. I place the rounds side by side not flat. This way the brown sugar and butter coats the slices nicely. Melt the butter with the brown sugar and mix well. Pour this mixture evenly over the top of all the yams. Cover the top with marshmallows. I use the large marshmallows and cut them in half and place them on top. My kids love lots of marshmallows so I totally cover the yams. Place in 350 degree oven until the marshmallows start to brown nicely.

Happy Thanksgiving to all our readers in the U.S.A!

Psalm 79: 13 ~ But we your people, the sheep of your pasture, will give thanks to you forever; from generation to generation we will recount your praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment