Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2010

Chunky Guacamole

This recipe was given to me by my daughter-in-law.
She says that chopping the avocado instead of mashing it is the key to the flavour of this Guacamole.

  • 4 ripe avocados
  • 1 medium tomato
  • about 1/2 cup chopped red onion*
  • 1-2 Tablespoons lime juice*
  • 1-2 cloves garlic, minced*
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • tabasco sauce to taste
  1. Cut avacados in half, and remove pit with a spoon.
  2. Before you remove the avocado flesh from the shell, take a knife and cut avocado into a 1/4 inch grid. Then using, a spoon, gently remove the diced avocado from the shell into a bowl.
  3. Remove the seeds from the tomato and cut it into a 1/4 inch dice.
  4. Using a silicone spatula, gently mix all ingredients together.
  5. Adjust seasonings to your taste.
  6. Serve with multigrain taco chips or crackers.

*How much you use of these ingredients will depend on the size of your avocados and tomato.

Note: I don't add cilantro to my guacomole because my husband and I don't really like it but feel free to add it if it is a favourite of yours.



No comments:

Post a Comment