Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Caramel Popcorn Twists

My sister Norma told me that I had to try this recipe..'addictive' she said. Is that good I wondered:) But I couldn't pass it up and decided to go for it. I bought a bag of popcorn twists and started cooking!
It is 'addictive' just like she said! Share with others and consume in small amounts (if you can)..it's all good:)

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 lb butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup corn syrup
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • I tsp baking soda
  • 1- 175 g bag of popcorn twists.
Directions:
  1. Pour popcorn twists into a large roaster pan and set aside.
  2. In a large saucepan, bring to boil the butter, sugar and syrup. Cook for 2 minutes.
  3. Add baking soda, this will foam up and the mixture will thicken. Allow the foam to cook down slightly and remove from heat.
  4. Add vanilla and stir.
  5. Pour caramel mixture over popcorn twists and stir until well mixed.
  6. Bake in 225ยบ oven for 50 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
  7. Remove from oven and pour on a large pan to cool.
  8. When cool break apart and store in a covered container.

No comments:

Post a Comment