Search This Blog

Monday, November 29, 2010

Peanut Butter Blossoms


When my children were young, during the Advent season, they could each pick there favorite Christmas cookie and bake with me. I found baking separately with them more helpful than having them all in the kitchen with me at the same time (it is my turn to crack the egg, how come she always gets too) and I think they did too, and it builds lasting positive memories for everyone. Our son usually picked this recipe. Now he would much rather just eat the cookies than help me bake 'em.......so these are for you sonny boy.

  • 3/4 cup softened butter or margarine
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 3/4 cup flour sifted with
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • extra sugar to roll the cookies in
  1. Cream butter, peanut butter and sugars well.
  2. Add the egg and vanilla, beat again.
  3. Add the flour mixture and mix well.
  4. Chill for 30 minutes.
  5. Form round ball from about one inch.
  6. Roll balls in sugar and place on un-greased baking sheets.
  7. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. (I do 10).
  8. When they come out of the oven, immediately place a chocolate kiss, rose bud or macaroon on top. They will melt and then when cooled completely they have become one with the cookie and stay in place.

HAPPY BAKING


No comments:

Post a Comment