Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ham and Cheese Ball

I got this recipe from someone who became my friend because we live in the same neighborhood and our kids were friends. Now, our kids are all over the map (literally) but we are still walking regularly and solving the worlds problems. Her name is Doris and I don't know what I'd do without her in my life.

Ingredients:
8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1/4 c mayonnaise
2 - 8oz tins flaked ham
2 Tbsp chopped parsley
1 tsp minced onion
¼ tsp dry mustard
¼ tsp Tabasco
½- 1 cup chopped nuts (for rolling in)

Beat cheese and mayo until smooth. Stir in next 5 ingredients. Cover and chill several hours. Form into two balls - will be quite sticky, but as you roll it in the nuts, to cover, you can shape it. I like having several of these in the freezer at this time of the year, since they are no work on the day that you need to pull one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment