Search This Blog

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Shortbread Meltaways


I really have been exercising restraint with all the goodies I've been baking and those that others have been brought into the office . But shortbread are a favorite in my home and when one of the staff brought in a 'new' recipe...well, I had to try it out to see if it would pass 'muster' at home. Mmmmmm.... yep! So I was obliged to bake them for myself. These are really just a little twist on the traditional recipe often found on the back of cornstarch boxes (which is the favorite recipe of all in my home). It is from a website you MUST visit as you prepare for Christmas....the Robin Hood recipe site. Go ahead...lots there to browse through. As I knew it followed the basic shortbread recipe...there was no need for me to change it up. This will be added to my Christmas list of goodies and this is an easy one to pack in those give away tins that I know I am doing this year!

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup icing sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup cornstarch
  • 3/4 tsp baking pwd.
  • 1/4 tsp salt ( the tiniest pinch is sufficient really)
  • 1 cup SKOR chipits (found in bulk sections in most grocery store)

The instructions are typical for this type of cookie:

Beat butter, icing sugar and vanilla until creamy....combine your dry ingredients in a separate bowl except the SKOR chipits. Slowly add to creamed mixture while beating. Fold in chipits. Place on parchment lined cookie sheets in walnut size rolled balls. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment