Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Minnesota Munchers

Another cookie I bake at Christmas time, of course it can be baked at any other time which I do. I have baked this recipe numerous times and it always turns out. I found it at Christmas-cookies.com and after the first time I tried it it was marked as a winner! I've changed up the recipe a wee bit.

Minnesota Munchers

1 cup butter or marg softened
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cups toffee bits
1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 2 cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
In a medium sized bowl cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and stir in vanilla.
Combine flour, baking powder, salt and stir into creamed mixture. Fold in chocolate chips, toffee bits and pecans. Drop by tbsps on cookie sheets.
Bake for 10 to 12 min till slightly golden in color. I found that I had to bake them a bit longer in my oven. Cool on baking sheet 5 min before removing to cool completely on rack.
Approx 3 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment