Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Mexican Spirals

I wanted to post this before Christmas, but when I didn't get to it, I realized that it could be quite timely with New Year's Eve parties coming up and using up the leftover turkey. These are great little appetizers that can be made ahead, frozen and heated when you need them. We love them served with a little dollop of salsa! I got this recipe from my friend Herta, whom I talked to today, and she laughed when I told her I still make these every Christmas! I think she's probably found some wonderful new recipes I have yet to find out about. =) But our family . . . well there are some traditions you just don't change!


Ingredients:
1 pkg (250 g) cream cheese, softened
1 c finely chopped cooked chicken
1 c grated Monterrey Jack cheese
1/3 c finely chopped red pepper
1/4 c chopped cilantro or parsley
2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh hot jalapeno pepper
2 tsp cumin
4 -10” tortillas

Combine all the filling ingredients. Divide mixture between tortillas, spread evenly and roll up tightly. Wrap and chill at least 2 hours. Cut into 1/2 inch slices. Unbaked slices freeze well. Bake at 350 F for 12 - 20 minutes, until you can see the cheese bubble slightly on top. Serve with salsa.

You will find the ends kind of "loose", but I fix those slices by patching or filling ... can't waste these yummy treats... and they'll never know once they're baked. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment