Search This Blog

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Roast Chicken

I know that there are alot of good roast chicken recipes out there, but my son is a real foodie and told me that we need to pizzaz up this very plain dish........so I have to credit him with the recipe, and he would have to credit the t.v. show Tyler's Ultimate. It is not exactly the same recipe but I think it is inspired from that.
He loves medditaranean flavours so we combinded a variety of spices and lemon, onion and garlic and voila..........
1 roast chicken
season the inside and out well with salt, pepper, oregano and thyme
stuff the cavity with a
small onion, cut in half
1 head of garlic, with the top cut off
1 lemon, cut in half (I used an orange once too when we had no lemons, it was very good)
lay bacon strips on top
Bake in an open roaster at a 425 for for 20-25 minutes until bacon is crisp (save for a salad)
Cover the roast and bake at 375 for 1-1/2 hours.
Serve with Roasted Potatoes or make a very tasty gravy with the pan drippings and serve with Mashed Potatoes. DELISH!
*Enjoy*

No comments:

Post a Comment