Search This Blog

Monday, January 26, 2009

Dutch Apple Pancakes

I got the idea for these pancakes from a local pancake restaurant, but after more than one serving of pancakes that were undercooked, I decided to try making them myself. I use the German Pancake (crepe) recipe from the Mennonite Cookbook.

Ingredients:
4 eggs
3 c milk
1 tsp salt
2 c flour
2 apples, slivered

Quarter and slice apples, as thin as you can. Beat eggs, then add milk salt and flour, beating until smooth. Heat (med size) Teflon coated pan and lightly grease (using paper towel) with butter or margarine for first pancake and then every other, if needed. Batter should not be too thick, but still coat pan nicely - add a little more milk, if needed. Pour a small ladle full of batter into pan, while lifting the pan and tilting it in a circular motion, until the pan is covered with batter. Spread with thinly sliced apple slices and cover with another layer of the batter. tilting pan in a revolving motion. Cook at med or just below med heat until batter is not runny anymore and edges lift easily with plastic lifter. Flip carefully, but quickly. This recipe makes about ten 8 inch pancakes.
Sprinkle pancakes with cinnamon sugar. (mix 1 cup sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon)

I had some leftover Schmoo sauce from Charlotte’s Schmoo Torte I had made earlier and drizzled some of that on the pancakes. I won’t tell you haw many I had!

No comments:

Post a Comment