Search This Blog

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Air Buns


I love homemade bread and buns, and baking it is very therapeutic for me.
I usually add use half whole wheat flour, but this time at the request of my kids, I didn't.
This recipe makes a very lite and airy bun. So good.

  • 4 1/2 cups warm water
  • 2 tbsp. quick rise yeast
  • 1 cup oil
  • 1 tbsp.vinegar
  • 2 tsp.salt
  • 1/2 cup sugar ( I use 1/4 cup)
  • 10 cups flour/ a little more if needed
  1. start with about 6 cups flour, add the yeast salt and sugar and stir together.
  2. add the warm water, oil and vinegar.
  3. stir together with a wooden spoon adding more flour till it is hard to stir.
  4. add remaining flour a bit at a time till you have a soft, smooth and elastic dough that is no longer very sticky when kneading.
  5. knead for a few minutes by hand on a floured surface.
  6. let rest in greased and covered bowl in a warm place for about 40 minutes. I use my oven with the light on.
  7. Make into buns and let rise for another 40 minutes.
  8. Bake for about 20 minutes at 375 degrees. Watch your oven, temperatures vary.
  9. Share and enjoy!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment