Search This Blog

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bread for the Journey



Hebrews 12:11 NIV

" No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have trained by it."

The last few months I have been intent on de-cluttering our home and as a new year is upon us I am even more eager to get it done. The stuff falls into different categories..to keep, give away or throw away. It's encouraging as I go along because as each area gets de-cluttered I feel a new zeal for life!
As important as this is to me I believe that it is even more important to de-clutter emotionally and spiritually as well. When we get rid of the baggage that we carry around in all areas of our life we will become more excited and energized to be able to follow God's will for us.
We need to simplify life from inside out and when we do this we will have more time for studying the Bible and for prayer.
I pray for a closer walk with our Heavenly Father and less distractions to keep us from His Word.

The 'frost on the window' in the photo above is a beautiful work of art by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment